Tonawanda Woman fights for change to Workers’ Compensation law after death of baby

May 11, 2022

Posted:

(WIVB) — A Tonawanda woman, who lost her baby, is fighting to change Workers’ Compensation law in New York State.

Michelle Waugaman was 16 weeks along in her pregnancy, working as an at-home care nurse, when she fell down the stairs of her patient’s home.

“Everything was fine before that fall,” she told News 4. “I had a healthy pregnancy; there was not one complication.”

But that fall caused premature rupture of membranes and at just 23 weeks, an emergency sonogram showed Waugaman’s baby girl was not getting oxygen.

“There [were] no more choices for me to hold on – she had to come out. So they made the decision to prep the O.R. and take me in for an emergency C-section,” she said. “That was one of the most traumatic days of my entire life.”

Read the full article here

Keywords
Workers' Compensation NYS Assembly Workers' Comp NYS Senate Worker Benefits Pregnancy

Share:

Most Recent Posts

Chili's shooting survivor battles NYS Workers Compensation Board For Telehealth Access

Thu May 19 2022 - The woman who survived the 2018 killings at the…

Tonawanda Woman fights for change to Workers’ Compensation law after death of baby

(WIVB) — A Tonawanda woman, who lost her baby, is fighting to change…

Want To Know More About Your Attorneys?!

You want to know more about your attorneys?! Here is more about…

Welcome Kallie Banker

We are thrilled to welcome Kallie Banker to our team of attorneys!

Op-Ed | New York’s injured workers need support

New York’s injured workers have long had to deal with a confusing…

Kathryn M. KirschReviewsout of 4 reviews

Office Location:

Law Office of Kathryn M Kirsch
295 Main Street
Suite 1090
Buffalo, NY 14203

716-861-2300 (p)
716-200-1707 (f)

© 2016 -2022: Kathryn Kirsch, Esq.